The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2009, 07:25 PM   #1
kcackler

Glasspack just bit the dust...

So driving along today and the old rusty exhaust pipe finally gave way and the old glasspack started dragging the ground.

So now I have an excuse to spend some cash on old blue without getting in trouble

The glasspacks were just loud enough to be irritating in the cab (Doesn't help that there is a rusty hole in the floor, I guess). What would you replace it with? I'm looking to replace everything behind the exhaust manifolds if possible.

I'd like to do this myself if at all possible, but I'm not a welder. Do any of the big companies (magnaflow, flowmaster, etc..) make a kit/set that doesn't need welds?

Now, as to what I like: Like I said - The glasspacks were a bit too harsh for my wife, and they annoyed me when cruising because of the loud drone sound. I like the sound of flowmasters, but I HATE that everybody and their pappy has them. I'd like something a little bit different. I like the deep throaty sound, but I don't like the popping like the glasspacks have..

So, what's the exhaust for me? Hoping I can get some good suggestions here