The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
paintslinga2010

new guy with a new project

My Grandpa owns a 1982 chevy silverado 2wd short bed, single cab, with a 305 and automatic transmission. I would like to know what tranny this is. It has OD. The body of the truck is straight and the interior is nice. It has been sitting for around 5-6 years because the motor had issues.

I just turned 17 and im addicted to working on trucks. I am a ford guy but i love working on all domestic vehicles.

My grandpa wants me to fix this truck up for him on the cheap. No crappy parts, but good solid parts that arent expensive.

Ive have mostly worked on fuel injected vehicles, so i have had little expirience with carbs but i am ready to learn. I want to put a carbd 350 and leave the automatic trany. Though i dont know if the current tranny will mount up to a 350. hopefully you guys can steer me in the right direction. I have also never pulled a motor, so i will probably need tips on that too.

One more thing for now. .Where can i get a solid crate motor for 800-1500? Or does that exist?

I hope you guys can help me out and i hope all of this makes sense. I dont know a whole lot about chevys but i can learn quick.

Thanks,
Jacob
paintslinga2010 is offline   Reply With Quote