The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
Mudder

Thumbs up Vintage Home Audio

I love it and have been collecting components for several years. The integrated amps have a lot of noise in the swtiches, contols etc. Oxidation and dirt. I have been visiting another forum for vintage stereos and found that a lot of the ppl there use this stuff called Deoxit. I finally bought some of the stuff last week. 17 buck for a 5 oz. can. Pretty pricey stuff. Easy to use. Just spray into the toggles, switches any way you can get it in there. Gravity helps. Amazingly the first amp I did which was in really bad shape came out with no noise anywhere with my first attempt. After you use the Deoxit they recomend using the same brand of stuff called fader lube. It lubes the controls and keeps them from oxidizing again.

Here if you take one component in to have repaired or cleaned it is $100.00 up front then additional charges for what they do after that are added. The cleaner and lube cost me around $50.00 so I am saving big time byt doing ti myself.
Attached Images

Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote