The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2009, 03:39 AM   #1
Short70Chebby

New Guy Here!...FNG!

Hello my name is Nick I have a 1970 Chevy shortbed truck that I am in the process of rebuilding....again, yes you read that right ...again! I have owned this truck since I was 15 years old (first vehicle actually) and I still got her, which is no small feat I may add. You may or may not believe me but from age 15-21 I had 5 different cars, now from 21 on is a different story, when I met my girlfriend, soon to be wife, when I was 21 she couldnt help but notice and live with my automobile affliction. So she made me keep a running list of cars I bought and drove for a week until I'd trade it or sell it or blow it up or whatever. So now...age 30 (ouch) I just sold a 1968 vw bus and a 1965 vw bug to fund rebuilding my truck, and those two vehicles were number 102 and 103 on the list! So to still have your first car is amazing, but for ME to still have my first car is truly unbelievable to my friends and family. So anyway I have looked thru this site before looking for motivation to redo my truck and now I am a member and am well on the way to Bankruptcy fulfilling the task at hand lol!

I do have one major question in this rebuilding process, that I havent found a straight answer too yet, I pulled the motor and tranny out of the truck years ago and have since built a new motor and am in search of a tranny but I cant remember if it was a short tail th350 or the long tail. I have the two piece drive shaft if that helps. Otherwise how do I determine which one I need and does anybody have one for sale?

Thanks for all your help on this and I am sure I will have more questions....sorry for the long first post.....Nick
Short70Chebby is offline   Reply With Quote