The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #1
slategrove

Brakes and Gas questions...

Question #1: I have the mastercylinder with brake booster set-up, and my brake pedal pushes almost to the floor before I feel the brakes touch (about a half inch from the floor)...thinking the brake shoes might be ready for replacement I checked, and they still have tons of wear left...mastercylinder is full of fluid...as soon as I can get someone to step on the brakes for me, I'll bleed them to make sure, but any suggestions other than that?

Question #2: The cab of the truck smells like gas and has since I filled it up yesterday morning...I mean I like a free buzz as much as the next guy, but this is pretty bad. I've looked all around the tank (behind the seat) and can't see anywhere where the tank maybe leaking...no wet spots, etc. Also thought it might be because I'm driving around with the window down, and the cap is 4 inches from the window, but it smells just as strong when the truck is parked and I sit in the passenger seat...what do you think?

Thanks,

Last edited by slategrove; 04-23-2009 at 05:22 PM.
slategrove is offline   Reply With Quote