The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #1
sidthirteen

"Anybody seen this?"

As some of you know,I had to put my truck together pretty quick to get to work. I've been fine tuning it in the mornings before I go to work and has been running like champ until this week when I started to notice a few oil drops on the floor on Monday. At first I check the vavle covers and they seemed okay. By Wednesday, I had more oil on the floor and went ahead and Checked the oil pressure line fitting and was able to get about 2 turns until tight. Everything seemed okay, until last night going home from work. I was at a stop light when all of a sudden, there was smoke coming out from underneath the truck! Got it home and looked under neath and found oil sprayed all underneath the frame all the way back to the rea coils!! This morning, I got up and started to look around for this damn leak!! This what I found.......

This is what I was looking at this morning.(kinda looks like new trailing arm, right? But no, their showered with oil!!!)

Out comes the intake manifold and I found the problem.....

Anybody ever see this happen to the rear intake gasket?

Got the new intake gasket kit and gonna do it tommorrow... Have a good weekend everybody!!!
sidthirteen is offline   Reply With Quote