The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-26-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
KB71C10BBSUPER

1971 Chevrolet Super BB w/ LS6 in it

Found this site the other day, Like what I saw and thought I would see if I could pick a few brains or scatch a few heads. I bought a 71 C10 Cheyanne Super shortbed almost 17 years ago and knew about the truck 10 years before that. It is SWB, Leaf spring rear, A.C., Tilt, Tach, Wide Box, Delux Blue Houndstooth bench, Special paint (silver), Upper & lower moulding, Big Block, T400, w/posi. Here is the Question, Although it said 402 on the build sheet, there was a LS6 454 sitting in the frame rails. Yes I know that this could have been put in at anytime but. Date code on the block is D-2-71, Date code on the Diff D-6-71, Production stamp on motor T0507, Build date fo the truck 5/17. No Vin was ever stamped in the motor. Motor code on motor CRR (70 Chevelle LS6) on a 71 block? This motor has all the correct parts for a 70 LS6 454, 3963569 Intake, 512 block, 7/16 dimple rods, 3964291 heads, One is dated 70 the other 71 and all my books say that was a 1970 head only.
Next thing is the truck appeared to have the orig paint on it and below the marker lights on the front fender the 400 emblem was missing, But when I pulled the fender off to strip it had some differant holes that had been drilled in the fenders and brased back up. Almost looked like an SS or 454 w flags. This truck was made at the Fremont Plant, Sold @ Guardian Chevrolet in Brea, Ca.
I've talked with a gentleman who worked in the Fremont plant in those years and he said it was not uncommon for the line manager to have a diff motor tossed in at that time either for special friends or?
If anyone has some information. I would like to hear about it. Also I am looking for some old License plate frames from Guardian Chev. if there are any out there.
Thanks everyone for reading my ramblings, and thanks for the site. I wish I found this years ago whe I first Restored the My Truck, But it has been my daily driver & hauler for a few years now and it is time to freshin it back up and put the Big Block back in.
Thanks Again, K.B.
KB71C10BBSUPER is offline   Reply With Quote