The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2003, 12:59 PM   #1
Low87
been here longer than Liz

Thought I would be serious for a minute a post whore a bit while at it.
This forum kicks ass. I've made many good friends because of it. I met Chris (CaptKaos) on an old hot rod board I used to frequent in college, about 4 years ago. Not long after I met Mike (swervin ervin) somewhere along the way. I went to another board and met Dave (LOHRTBT). I followed my internet truck buddies here and met some more good buddies. I get to chat almost daily on AIM with Brandon (79BIG10) and Scott (BigRed). Just met another cool guy Gus (gusgreenwall) through the board. I got to meet Izzy (fiveeightchevy) and Paul (pkbinplano) a while back, very nice guys. I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of the crew soon!
My truck has been a very big part of my life for the past 8 years or so. I bought it my junior year in high school and immediately began customizing it. I run into people I went to hs school with and one of the first questions I get is if I still have my truck. Most people don't even recognize it anymore. When I moved 3 hours away to college, it was my truck that moved me there.
When I moved back home after college I ran into a hottie I went to hs with, she remembered going to lunch with me in the truck. I showed it to her and she didn't recognize it either. A little over a year later I proposed to her in my truck. I did it this way because she had confessed she fell in love with me late one night as we talked about life while sitting in my truck.
I identify with my truck because of all the work I have put into it. The countless hours shared with friends tearing stuff up and then trying to put it back together. Working on it late into the night and then realizing how cool our chicks are when they walk into the garage with hamburgers for us. Sharing time with my Dad as he shows me how he did things on Corvettes that I can do to my truck.
I plan on having my truck a very long time. Valerie has told me I'm not allowed to sell it. Fine by me. I figure I'll be one of the old farts at a cruise-in some day with my vintage truck that I've owned for decades.
Sorry to get sappy. I hope you guys can get the enjoyment out of your rides that I have from mine.

'87 SWB 6/8 drop "Piso"
'08 CCSB Silverado DD
the departed
'89 GMC K5 Jimmy 4x4 "Rusty Nuts"
'77 Chevy K5 Blazer 2wd
'83 Chevy stepside

"You get what you pay for" - Mike 'swervin ervin' Ervin
Low87 is offline   Reply With Quote