The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
GMC406
Professional Grade

71 GMCw/406

My 71 GMC is about to be reborn. About 9 months ago the tranny went out and it has been in my backyard ever since. It currently has a mild 355, with a z-28 camero cam and dual plane intake. Just recently I traded my car trailer I never use for a hot street built 406. It should be finished put together this week and delivered next weekend. The performance shop is estimating 425-450hp and around 475 torque. I bought a cheap used stock tranny to use for now, im sure it wont last but a few months, long enough to get me by untill I can get a bulletproof, th350 bought. I spent alot of time trying to find a site devoted to these trucks, finnally found this. Alot of you have some gorgeous trucks in the galleries, as you can see this one isnt that far yet. Body work is still to come, it can be a sleeper for awile;). Any input from all of you on here is apriciated. Little hints, tips, tricks, ect. Also, does anyone out there have a decent front grill? I hit a deer and dont wanna pay 400 bucks for a new gill. The older stock ones are much better quality if you can find one thats not beat up. Well it wont let me put the pics on here for some reason but I will try again later. Hope to hear from my fellow 71 GMC enthusiasts!:gmc2:
GMC406 is offline   Reply With Quote