The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2009, 04:11 PM   #1
Nate003

power steering headaches?!?!

so i've been working on my 68 power steering for awhile. but now that i have it all put back togather it's going crazy. I'm pretty sure all the air is out of the lines. What happened after I first put it back togather was that the steering wheel turns itself all the way to the left with no assist. if you turn it all the way back to the right as soon as you let go of the wheel it will turn itself all the way to the left. I took the cap off to check the fluid and it was all bubbles and foamed up. I turned it off and let it sit and then filled it up and didn't probally bleed all the air out off it but after I started it again after turning the wheels all the way to the left again and it sitting there running for a minute the pressure line burst. After replacing the pressure line and researching how to get the air out it is still trying to turn itself all the way to the left. Do i have a bad pump? or is there something else? I have the power steering that's pictured, the older version that was on the 67 as well.
Attached Images

Nate003 is offline   Reply With Quote