The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #1
dimkapdx

Wink Another New Member - Pics of toys inside

Hi all,

I am what you'd call a newbie to this forum, although I have been a forum guy for 5+ years.

My father 'outlaw' and I recently became the new owners of a little rat rod project. We picked up a 67 C20 3/4 ton pickup for just over a grand. It's far from perfect, but will be ideal for what we want.

The previous owner dropped in a 454...so we couldn't say no. We have had it for just over two weeks and have already started work - including exhaust, oil leaks, seals, gaskets, etc. etc. The prevous owner also did some half assed things - like chopping the motor mounts to make the headers fit...soon to be fixed! This thing will eventually be flat black.

What I would love to do (and I have already done searches on this forum) is be able to find someone who knows about what it would take to convert the 8-lug drums to discs in the front. Can anyone point in the right direction?

Pics of the truck and other toys below (including my FJ40 with a Vette V8 and my Jetta)

dimkapdx is offline   Reply With Quote