The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2003, 09:57 AM   #1
Yukon Jack
Post Whore

? about big block headers

I am swapping a 454 into my 1969 K20. I have it sitting in the frame now and have a problem with the passenger side header. *** Correction - I originally bought Dynomax Cermecoated 73-87 BBC 4wd headers. *** The collector on the passenger side is staring right at the transfer case and I don't think there is going to be enough room to make a bend to go up over the transfer case.

*** Correction Some have recommended I use the 67-72 big block 2wd headers. ***

It would help me a lot if I could get some rough measurements of how far your collector hangs down (nothing precise). A measurement from the bottom of the flange at the engine to the top of you collector so I know how far they hang down would be great along with I.D. of your header manufacturer and what application they are for.
Would also be helpful to get a rough measurement from the back of the flange at the engine to the end of the collector so I know about how far back the collector is from the engine.

If anyone who has done a big block swap in a 67-72 can tell me what headers they used and the application, that would be helpful too. Last time I asked, there was not a general consesus.

Last edited by Yukon Jack; 03-26-2003 at 04:57 PM.
Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote