The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
AJLChase

Lincoln, Ne new guy

Hey all! Just wanted to say hi and possibly get some guidance. To make it easy, let's just pretend I have no knowledge about cars/trucks and the way they work and operate.....this will make it easier haha. I just purchased a 69 chevy c10 long box that will arrive here on Monday. It's gonna need work through out to get it running and looking good.

I recently had my spine fused so I won't be able to do anything to it for a few months. So, that leaves me with a lot of time to read on my hands. Where would you recommend a complete beginner go to get information on 67-72 rebuilding as well as engine work? Also, what's the best thing to start with? Body and paint or engine and drive train? I don't plan on taking it to the track, but also have no goal of making it look 100% factory.

I really would like to get a 454 to put in it. Reason being, I had a friend who was in the military and he bought a 69 long box and had a 454 in it and I always really liked it. He passed away in a accident over seas and now his dad has his truck. I wanna build something similar to what he had to kind of honor him by. But, I know nothing about 454s and what transmissions go with them and so on. So any guidance would be much appreciated!

Last edited by AJLChase; 05-15-2009 at 12:51 PM.
AJLChase is offline   Reply With Quote