The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
gerfunken

Clutch Issues.... help with diagnosis please

Ok, I've been racking my noggin on this one.

The set up is with a 350/SM465 tranny. I've played with the clutch linkage (mechanical) and it is still acting like an auto, where with the clutch all the way pressed down, it still drags, and I need to keep my foot on the brake.

Now, before you say linkage..........

Dragging is one thing. But from the floor up, releasing the clutch, it is almost a 2" movement before the clutch "engages" properly, and I can feel the surge forward.

I've gone through the entire linkage, don't see any binding or slop in the components. There's no slippage at all in the clutch when driving. I'm suspecting that it may be the throw-out or the pressure plate, but I don't see any issues when watching through the inspection plate when someone engages it.

Now, I'd love to get to a hydraulic at some point, but that is not an option today........ and I'm not 100% positive that it would solve the issue I'm having either.
gerfunken is offline   Reply With Quote