The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2009, 02:18 AM   #1
javcrodgz

New Member w/a '71 Stepside!!!

Hey guys, just sighned up yesterday and so far I'm loving all the info on here! My names Javier and I have a '71 C/10 Stepside in Hugger Orange, 3 on the tree with a 350sb in it. It was my grandpas(original owner) till he gave it to me when he got his new chevy. I learned how to drive on this truck when i was 14 and now i'm 19 so its been a while. Right now I have it lowered in the front on 3in drop spindles and 3in springs in the back with a 1.5in block. In the back I have the adjustable bar(I forget what the hell its called) but I think it's to center out the rear end? Anyways, it's sitting on 20" Accolade's that I am geting really tired of. I want to get a set of classier wheels maybe rallies or some torque thrusts. I also have a set of American racing wheels, like a soft 8 design black with a poilshed lip that I usualy roll on. As far as the engine goes I put in an edelbrock intake mani, 650 ebelbrock carb, msd electronic ignition, magnaflow exhaust and some other stuff. Some of the things I have planned but need help doing are:

-Auto tranny conversion(im hoping for something with an o/d so I can cruise highway)
-Powersteering(doesnt bother me much but just want it for convenience)
-shorty Headers with 3in+ all the way back
-I want to drop it some more, I hear that I need a c-notch if I want to go lower in the back. Front I can just do some springs.

Well anyways, here are some old pics. Since then I gave it new paint job. Here goes!