The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
Super73

Truth be told about Showcars Fiberglass..

I don't like to bad mouth companies.. So I'm going to keep things factual.

I ordered a full glass front end from Showcars Fiberglass Mid Oct. Rob the owner said it was very slow there at the time of order and it should be done in about 4 weeks. They don't take credit cards and everything is done by money order or cashiers check. That should have been a BIG warning to me. But I sent the $1,575 out.

After sending the MO out certified, I called a couple days later and he confirmed receiving the check. Cool, 4 weeks to go for shipping..

So Mid Nov I get in touch with them and they tell me the fenders are done, hood is done but still needs the 4" cowl put on and they were waiting on the front filler pannel, then they would be putting it all together. Tell me another couple weeks..

End of Nov same exact story.

Mid Dec, same story so I questioned what was going on. I was advised that they had people gone during x-mas so everything pretty much stopped for 2 weeks. Also the front panel they were waiting on hadn't come in yet. I explain I need my parts as it is prime racing season in CA right now and that I was quoted 4 weeks, they had over $1,500 of my money. He said he would call me right back as to try and source the front pannel some where else.

I got a call 30-45minutes later advising he had another company sending the pannel and it should be there Monday the following week (we spoke on tuesday). I called Tuesday to make sure it was there and it was. I figured this was a pre made pannel but come to find out it is a factory metal piece and they would still need to make the mold for it.

End of Dec Finally get Rob to call be back by threatening to have a police report made. Still in the same situation. Nothing had changed.

I keep calling wasting my money with no calls. Finally Feb 14 I received some pics (I posted them at that point). Bumper still needed to be made and all the pieces needed to be glassed together.

Well, constant calls and pushing, I have finally received it.

Their finish work flat out sucks!!!! I don't know how much of it you can see with these pics but I would never recomend them to anyone. If you have 26 weeks to waste, great.

BTW, there are many other stories I have heard about this place after ordering. I don't really want to link them, but same situation.

1/4---10.38 @ 126.97----9.24 @ 142.49
Super73 is offline   Reply With Quote