The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
jholley

Rear Disc Brake Install

Here are a couple of pics of my rear disc brake install from last weekend. I used Glocks rear Camaro brackets. They worked out very well. Nice looking parts and great instructions.

I didn't have to trim the inner ring on the rotors, they fit right on.

The only hitch during the install was with the calipers. The part numbers that came with the instructions are correct but you have to be careful with RockAuto. The left and right calipers came from two different warehouses. Both were set up for e-brake install but one came with the cable bracket and one didn't. The one that has the bracket has a huge ridiculous looking rubber mounted weight hanging off of it, I assume for vibration damping. Additionally it looked like hell. It looks like they put new seals in it then just spray painted the whole thing dull silver. Really low rent. The other one (the one in the pics) looks a little more professionally done.

Funny thing is the cores I picked up from the junkyard do not have e-brakes. I ended up just sending RockAuto back both of their calipers and bolting on the ones I got for cores. I'm going to try and sneak it past the safety inspection with no e-brake.
Attached Images

Jim

Garage fillers...

85 Chevy C10 Silverado LWB
07 Nissan Altima
2006 Mini Cooper S
jholley is offline   Reply With Quote