The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2009, 11:20 PM   #1
bdmcgee

Calling all tech heads. . .

Does anyone have the correct torque on the oil pan bolts of a 1969 GMC Stepside, 402 BB? I don't get it, but about every other time we take 'Old Thor' out, the bolts loosen on the oil pan. I thought maybe it was a bad gasket (and we ARE going to replace it soon) but the Oil Filter seems to wind itselt on TIGHT between oil changes as well. Excessive vibration is the easy answer, but the engine is super smooth and runs fantasic. You can put a beer on the air cleaner and it won't foam up. . . .(yeah, I've done it ) Also, the lower radiator hose seem to loosen up as well. Again, about every other cruise. I'm stumped.

This is my first Big Block I've owned. . . It has perforance Headman ceramic coated headers, 3" pipes w/Cherry Bombs, an Edlebrook aluminum performance intake, and a Holley 3310. What do you think? For now, we just ramp her up and tighten everything down after she cools off. . . Man, it's as bad as a AMF Harley! (minus the massive oil leaks! LOL)
bdmcgee is offline   Reply With Quote