The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #1
Gearhead89

New C10 Project in Denver, CO

Hi, Brand new to the site as of today. Just bought a 1969 C10? 4x4 long bed for $1100. Really nice as far as being original and very driveable. Everything works in it and it has a 350, 4spd manual, 12 bolt rear, 10 bolt front, and stock t case. Runs and drives really nice. But the body has some work to be done. Almost no rust but a lot of little dents and stuff. Pretty sure it was a ranch truck or something as it was originally bought up in Leadville CO. I got the original sales receipt thingy from may of 1969 and I am the third owner. I have already refinished the grill, bumper, and wheels. Plan is to restore the body, repaint (not sure what color yet) and possibly lift it with 35-38" tires. Not planning on keeping this one too long as i have numerous other cars and projects including a 1980 camaro that is my driver and ongoing project and a 1969 jeepster commando that I'm currently doing a frame off resto on. So we'll see. I really like the truck but can't really justify keeping it.
I am a 19 year old who is ASE certified as a master mechanic except that i need one more year of work experience or education to actually receive my certs. I work as a personal trainer and on cars and am getting ready to go to school in the fall but not sure where. Possibly wyotech but we'll see. Let me know if you have any ideas, parts, or questions. Thanks, Brandon

Pictures show when i first got it. After I did some front bumper work. And after i refinished the grill and wheels.
Attached Images

Gearhead89 is offline   Reply With Quote