The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2009, 04:07 PM   #1
53choptop

57 Chevy progress - Camaro Subframe is in

Hi guys,

Been working on the 57 on and off after shortening it from a LWB:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...69#post3083769

I installed the camaro subframe this past week. It took longer than expected, but its in.

This board and the HAMB help out a bunch, after piecing together post of others getting this done i got the overall picture, and yes it is 28 1/2 inches from the front body mount, I doubted some of the posts measurements and it ended up costing me alot, actually several days of more work.

In the pics its sitting on 2x4's high enough to get the jack into it, the 14 inch wheels don't help either, plus the fact that its still on the original rear end height and tires does not help. But its a roller. Next I am going to rebuild the suspension, bodwork, blah, blah, blah. This thing is going to be a budget beater.

I order to tackle the front frame horns, I welded pieces of metal to hold up the horns when I cut them off the frame, marked the garage floor and when the clip was on I lined it all back up, it aint pretty when you line it back up cause the subframe is wider up front, but all of that is hidden behind the radiator support and such.

This build is alot of fun. I am really getting into it. I will keep posting as I go along. Let me know if you have any questions.

Also I am looking for 15 inch 5x4.75 steel wheels, anybody got a spare set in the austin area? how about a 4wd s10 sonoma, jimmy rear end with disc brakes?
Attached Images

53choptop is offline   Reply With Quote