The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
day1

What is Squid Brains To Do

As I sit here trying to think of a good title for this post I'm also really pondering what the hell to do.
I have a 74 C10 that I inherited from my grandfather the week before he passed last year. I always wanted the truck and told myself I would have a whole lot more done by now.
What stopped me before was living in an apartment; problem solved renting a duplex currently TWO-car garage. Next stopping me,tha lack of expendable money. I try to tell myself there is plenty I can do without money, like cleaning up the frame, pulling it apart and getting the cab, bed and all else ready for body work, so on and so on. Next problem, I will probably be buying a house next May or shortly after, so I don't necessarily want my truck in pieces then. Lastly, I'm having a hard time bringing myself to take apart something that is useful to me and rendering it useless at least for the time being. I don't want her to rot into oblivion, but I don't know that I'm ready to resurrect her either. I worry way too much, over think everything, and just wish I had $20 grand to drop, do it right, do it now, and be done.

Wasn't that a nice novel?

Last edited by day1; 06-14-2009 at 10:45 AM.
day1 is offline   Reply With Quote