The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2009, 10:46 PM   #1
Kawaii

New one from Cow-town

Hi!
My name is Jess and I live in Calgary Alberta.

I have a 1979 GMC C/K Automatic truck. (Its sitting in a backyard until I can get it inspected and moved to Alberta...oh and find a diesel engine to put in it.)
It was originally a mine truck but was bought from the mine early 1990's, or sometime around there. It rolled down a hill hit a tree (hence why the hood is a different colour) and has worn the starter tabs off, the engine is still original, it does have dual tanks though, so I don't know what to do about the ' might explode if t-boned' factor but I am thinking if its not to much trouble to move or somehow make it harder for them to explode by reinforcing them somehow?
What I want to do to it is get a Detroit diesel engine (6.5 L) and change the transmission and transfer case swap to make it manual. I think I'm going to keep the powder blue vinyl bench seat though I will probably re-do all of the interior and see if I can get it reupholstered as it is ripped...a lot all over. Also I have no intention of doing any body work to it as of yet. Perhaps later down the road. I will be putting some bigger tires on her too, they are the last ones that went on were put on at the mine.

I have a few pictures of the truck but my brothers are standing in front of it... and the only head on one I have is me kinda goofing around so I apologize in advance.
Attached Images

Kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote