The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-20-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
budster

My tame project

Hi guys. I have been glued to this site for a few weeks now and am lovin it!!

I bought my stepdads 72 a few weeks ago and first thing I did was pull top, back seat, floor covering and took a wire brush to right rear corner, theres was rust and a few holes, half dime size maybe and I was OMG.

I started looking online and saw some of the stuff you guys tore in to and got all giddy from my pristine rig...

Anyways this fall I am pulling motor to change out cracked bell housing, after driving a while starter heats up and is slow to start.

My stepdad got it from his dad who special ordered it from factory so I dont want to get too crazy with it but am really tempted to strip it down to frame and coat everything and maybe a 4" lift, almost got my fat a$$ stuck when I wheeled under there on a creeper last night.

Motor is a 350, bored to 355, part '72 and part '78, block and cam are 78 and possibly a few other pieces to make the marriage work. Has factory posi front and rear, A/C, 2 extra 15 gal. tanks, and will need to look at paperwork again my camera doesnt take a good pic of it.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, not looking to do anything extreme on this rig, going to do that on next one this mostly R&R with a lil cleaning in between. Thanks guys.
Attached Images

budster is offline   Reply With Quote