The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2009, 01:26 AM   #1
83burban

83 suburban facelift = questions

I have an 83 suburban that I want to do a little face-life to when I change the rear main seal. I found a 79 parts suburban and wanted to swap the front end of the 83 for the 79 style. So here are the questions, because all the write ups I have found ask about swapping old to new. Best part is the parts are rust free on both trucks and even the same faded 2-tone haha.

Do I need the hood from the 79, or will my 83 hood fit? I know the other swap requires some cutting, but since I have a later model cab I shouldn't have to do this right?

I am replacing the outer/inner fenders, the grill and the core support. Do I need to swap out the wiper motor pieces or the cowl cover as well?

I was told that the core support mounts are in different locations for the later model versus earlier, will I have to move them?

Hopefully in a couple weeks I will be able to get his done, just need to know what parts I have to get to complete the swap with as little down time as possible.

Thanks for the help
83burban is offline   Reply With Quote