The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-22-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
MrTucker

Project: Pack Rat

Like many of you - this will be a slow moving project, at first anyway! I wont be able to do much for the next 8-10 months because many reasons, but I thought you guys will get a kick out of this...

A little background first -

Back in February, after a pretty crappy day at the office, I went home to find my wife and father in law talking on the patio, she has an excited grin and then my father in law ask if I want a truck. Duh! So he says he has this 1953 GMC pickup that used to be his grandfather's, and it's been sitting in a barn in Montana for about 18 yrs and is in "pretty good shape." (remember that quote). The truck has a lot of history. He purchased the truck brand new in '53, and used it as a farm truck, mainly. The entire family has many memories of the truck. Nobody wants to get rid of it, but nobody wants to restore it either. When they heard I wanted it - everyone was excited and very glad that someone finally wanted it.

So for the next 4 months I'm getting more and more excited and finally the day to go pick it up comes. One of my good friends offers to help, so we take his truck and trailer and drive the 800 miles to my father in laws ranch in Montana.

Here's what we find:

the shed the truck was sitting in:

the big hole in the shed:

after the shed was torn down:

the interior

notice the light grey pile of crap under the passenger door:
MrTucker is offline   Reply With Quote