The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
Wrightbrothers

New guy from Northern Nevada

I stumbled onto this message board while looking for information about inline casting numbers for my newly aquired '51 chevy. Looked like a pretty neat place to hang out, so, here I am.

I'm an old guy. My name is Rich. I've been building/ruining old cars for about 40 years. I've always had a passion for trucks and have had a lot of old chevys.
I have a '65 SWB Fleetside that I've been using as a daily driver for 18 years. I started with a sloppily built truck with an Olds 455/TH400, rebuilt it from a bare frame (out with the Olds, in with a 350/350) and have been driving it ever since. It's ready to be taken apart and freshened up and I needed another daily driver truck.
I came across the '51 for sale in Texas for a good price and picked it up. It's been restored/updated and, so far, looks like a nice truck. It has 55-57 261 with a saginaw 4-speed and early open drive rear end. I've color sanded and polished the paint to perk it up a bit and cleaned/detailed the rest. rebuilt the carb, changed the oil/filter, refinished the bed wood, plus a few other small fixes, otherwise, it is as I bought it. I'll put a dropped axle and lowering blocks in a couple weeks, then it's a daily driver. Here are couple pics.

I haven't met too many old cars I don't like.... I also have a '66 carryall project (probably pass this one on to someone else), a '30 Model A sedan vintage style hot rod, a '36 Ford pickup vintage style hot rod, a '29 Ford roadster pickup project that is at the end of the parts gathering/rebuilding phase and getting close to fabrication and actual building. It's also vintage style.

Glad to be here.

Rich
Wrightbrothers is offline   Reply With Quote