The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #1
**grumpy**

Ok. I bought a 63 Suburban!

After my post: Welp, I sold my truck, saying how 4 of us just didnt fit in my 60, and me selling it, I said I was torn between a badazz little 50 chevy hotrod, and a 63 Burb.

Well, after 3 days of crazy thoughts running through my head, I drove the 100 miles and bought the 63.

Its a, up to 1993, lieflong California burb. Its 90% solid. Even the lower tailgate area is perfect. The hatch has a few bubbles.
It has some bubbles here and there, especially on the rockers, but not bad enough to warrent replacement.

It also has a Goodwrench 350 crate motor, and a rebuilt TH350. All lights, signals, gauges, wipers etc work, which is a novelty for me.

It made the 100 mile trip home just fine at 65mph, because of the bald tires, I stayed at 65.

It was home for 2 hours and we already lowered it some, and yanked those wheels and tires off, and replaced them with painted steelies and ww's.

Next is www's and better exhaust, and lower.

Heres pics of it 10 minutes after it got home today. And 1 shot of it with steelies and ww's. But none of it lowered.

My wife and kids love it, plenty of room, and I feel like I still have a truck.

Later!
Attached Images