The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
OxydizedBlue

Clutch linkage problem

I have a 67 GMC K20 that I am trying to piece back together. I have the original tranny and t-case, but a small 400 engine. It originally had a 6 cylinder, I was told this could have been a 305 V6 or a straight six. I found a linkage out of a straight six and it is close to fitting minus the extra spacer piece. I had to drill had tap the engine block by the oil filter, so I could put a ball stud in for the z-bar to pivot on. But ball stud does not line up with the bracket that is riveted to the frame, so i am not sure how to get my linkage to work. Any help would be great. Also any pictures of a V8 with the linkage would be helpful.

For my linkage to work without moving the frame piece I would need to move the ball stud back about 1.5 inches. So i was trying to come up with a bracket that I could bolt on to the engine that would move the ball stud back.

Thanks.
Also I am new here and cannot figure out how to upload pictures. Any help there would be also be appreciated.
OxydizedBlue is offline   Reply With Quote