The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
nac593

please help!! truck wont start

1969. new everything. new crate motor,hei dist., alttenator,battery....I have put 6000 miles on it since putting the truck together. Everything has been fine. Starts right up USUALLY....Yesterday morning I jumped in and went to start it. It was having a real hard time cranking. Voltmeter showed 8 volts while cranking. I thought the battery was bad so I had it checked at the store and they said it was ok. I charged it , put it in, tried to start it and same thing. 8 volts and struggling to crank. I went and bought a brand new battery and same thing. 8 volts while cranking and struggling. It only cranks a few seconds and the new battery already seems drained. I thought with a new battery it would crank fast but it still barely cranks. Everything has been fine since I put it together about 1 year ago. More info...altenator was showing 18 volts...I replaced the altenator and it showed about 14 volts...drove it about 2 days and then this happened.. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
nac593 is offline   Reply With Quote