The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
454inthehood

[project] 67 SFBD C-10

Bought this off a buddy of mine who had it posted on here after i sold my bagged 454SS so i figured id start a project thread and post some pictures for you guys

Im sure most of you have seen this before when it was almost together, and when the previous owner Chris told me he lost interest and was tryin to unload it, i just couldnt pass it up, and he cut me one hell of a deal. But i plan on taking my time on this one because i only want to paint the thing once so i want everything ready before i go onto bodywork and eventually paint. But for now shell remain in the garage collecting parts until i get some real time to get crankin on it.

Basically the truck needs to be completely mocked up from top to bottom. Good thing is i got a solid start with the frame and rust free cab which were the main selling points. Not to mention the low mileage LT1, and truck loads of spare parts he gave me with it.

So current plans are as follows..
suicide doors control arms with a set of drop spindles
mount up some shocks all around
22s maybe 22 24 combo if money permits
get the motor all wired up and running
fleetside bed
a mild shave job on the cab
bang out the airride
trucks already set up for disk brakes so i might go with a big brake kit for some good stopping power
basic interior for now nothin real crazy

Ideas for near future..
some serious metal fab. on the hood and front clip
and if i find one for the right price id like to drop a 6spd tranny into it but thats just alittle out of the budget right now.

Let me know what you guys think, i got my work cutout for me on this one
454inthehood is offline   Reply With Quote