The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
xodruxo

I need help...

Hello everyone out there in chevy town, this is my first time posting even though Ive been on this site for over a year now(sorry)... But I have a 86 chevy k-5, and I go to get the emissions out here in Denver and it keeps coming up high on my CO output, so I get it home and adjust my carb by turning it down and even ran some rubbing alcohol in the gas tank and take it back, and they say its still running rich now not like it was before but its still over the state allowment, it says it has to be below 40 and this time I was at 65 and before that it was 80 something so I can see where it helped but what can I do to get this beast to pass so I can put it on the road? I love the truck and been doing some work on it to get it ready for the winter but if I cant get it to pass, I feel like Im doing this for nothing. Please help....
xodruxo is offline   Reply With Quote