The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2009, 08:27 PM   #1
Legend56BC

Just need some reminders on spindle swap 68 to 72

Hello All,Ok most of you know me as a street stock driver with a street stock truck but I did do alot of trucks(street rodding) in my time mainly kept stock except for my 56 Chevy Panel.So here is my problem,I have a 68 GMC pickup 1/2T fleetside(Canadian model)same as Chevy and I have set of 72 Chevy 1/2T spindles and rotors as spares for my race truck but really don't need them.I have the 68 on the 2 poster ready to go and am wondering about type of flex brake hose I use going to the disk brake calipers, and the PB unit I have is off a 69 Chevy drum brake setup so do I change the master cylinder or just the brake booster pin from drum to PB?I also think I have to replace the poporotioning valve to the disc brake one? Is there any else I'm missing before I really dig into this swap? Yes I am getting the rotors turned new calipers etc but other than that anything I'm missing?This going back and forth from racing to rodding is stretching my brain cells to the max! Paul #72
Legend56BC is offline   Reply With Quote