The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
72WiscSub

First attempt at seat upholstery!

Well it took two days, but I finally got my seat cover on. After a lot of searches on this site and some other tips from other sites I got up enough courage to give it a shot.

Cleaned all the frame parts and repainted with gloss black, that right there made a huge improvement. Once things dried overnight I decided to add some additional foam to the seat cushions to make up for the thickness of the houndstooth inserts. When I did a test fit the houndstooth was raise up too much for my liking so that is why a added the 1/2 inch foam. Made things more even.

Also added some material onto the bottom seat springs to help keep dust out, well that is what one site recommended. I had some extra material so I thought it couldn't hurt. I like how it looks.

Got the bottom put together and then the top. Lots of hog rings. I bought a better hog ring pliers on the recommendation of a past post here. Glad I did. The pleats lined up pretty well so I attached the two and popped her in the truck.

Wife wife loves it, so we are all happy! Oh yeah, got the new steering wheel in also. I light the original style. Any one looking for a 13 1/2" grant style chrome three spoke wheel with black grip, and install kit let me know.

Thanks for looking, and all the help with things.
Attached Images

72WiscSub is offline   Reply With Quote