The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2009, 03:05 AM   #1
xratt

the rebuild begins next week for the 1966 c10

well after some gearing issues, and a lot of money invested trying to get the truck running right, I have to bite the bullet and rebuild the motor. Burned 2 quarts of oil in 2 weeks, and it broke twice during those two weeks, so i did not drive it that much. So i have been stock piling parts and saving up motor money. I found a machine shop to rebuild my sb 350 motor for $1000. Hope this is a decent deal. Rebuild the long block, with a new cam, new flat top pistons, turned crank, rebuilt rods, bored, new oil pump, new valve seals in the heads, and a gasket set. i have already bought everything new for the outside of the motor. Had the carb rebuilt, new water pump, new cap and rotor, new alternator, all new exhaust pipes and new cherry bombs. I just ordered new lower a-arms for the front, new ball joints, new wheel bearings and seals, brakes, brake lines, and new carrier bearing for the drive shaft. also ordered new air bags for the front and a new air valve assembly. 8 valve set up. I posted a question about a fuel tank sending unit. I want to get that while its tore down. Im thinking i will also change the wheels out. it has adapters on it now to make it 5 lug, but they make the wheels stick out too far and rub on the body. So I'm looking for some decent 6 lug wheels too. i have a older set i can use if i have too but they need tires. Was thinking a set of
Escalade wheels would look nice. I will be taking pics and asking advice along the way. I want to have this done in 4 weeks total. So any helpful advice would be nice.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...9&goto=newpost
xratt is offline   Reply With Quote