The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
Todd327

Talking Welfare Truck in Salisbury NC

My first drive in a pick-up was in 1977 in a "old" rusty green C-10 at a small store I bagged groceries at. It look terrible back then and rusted out and it was only 9 years old. Straight six, three on the tree. The clutch was shot and I hated that truck. I about gave up on straight drives. I later worked at a local park where they had recycled DMV orange trucks with more miles than the "Star Ship Enterprise". Ugly and rusted but the County kept decent clutch's in them. I loved those trucks. I have a 2008 Ford F-250 4X4 SuperCrew turbo diesel with leather that I love, however I have always lusted after the old C-10s. Recent economic developments make it attractive to own a "NMPV" - a no monthly payment vehicle just in case things really go in the crapper. After all I am upside down on the Supercrew! I traded some services for an 1970 C-10 that was left behind in a client's divorce battle. It looked brown from the road and after the court order we got to it and found out its supposed to be blue. I was seeing rust. Its a former Housing Authority truck and still the lettering can be seen slightly through the rust. To wit: the project name "Welfare Truck" Straight six and three on the tree and rags crammed in the rusted out cab corners. I will post soon in the projects threads. I'm doing this my self (or as much as I can- I used to do mechanical work) so I will be asking lots of questions. Like to especially talk to local PNG's on this especially those who might trade legal services for body work. LOL. It's so ugly its beautiful.

Last edited by Todd327; 07-09-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Todd327 is offline   Reply With Quote