The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2003, 03:41 AM   #1
79BIG10
I'm back with 2nd truck!

Talking I Scored This Weekend!!!!!

We went to Wichita Falls for my mom's birthday on Friday night and got up early to hit a couple junkyards up there along with a flea market. The market usually brings in a good crowd for truck seats but nothing today. So we drove to a couple yards and all were closed or shut down. I finally was about to turn around until I found a sign for a yard I hadn't ever seen before. We got out and asked the guy if he had any seats for my truck. He said not really but go have a look. This place has somany 73-87 trucks and suburbans I was drooling over parts. Most were wrecked for body parts but the interiors were not bad. I found a few seats with possible chances of working but no bucket like I wanted. The ones I found were blue and bench from a crew cab with both seats in great shape. Well I was about to give up when Jennifer said let's keep looking. We were about to the front when she spotted a old 78 or so model burb. I looked in it had some aftermarket seats and the right color (tan)!! These are the 3 piece seats with the fold down console and lift up bottom underneath. I've priced these new for $600+ I was thinking I could get these and install after a good cleaning and later on redo the covers. So I see that they're still mounted with all the brackets I need to install in mine. We go and ask the guy at the counter how much for them. (I'm thinking about $100 which I couldn't pay.) He asked which one so I told him and he said $50 or $60 if he pulls them (I didn't have my tools on me nor was I going to take the truck back and get the tires flat). I told him to pull them and we'd be back. So he pulls them after we go and finish up some errands. When we come back he says there's a problem. I'm thinking what now??? He says the bracket isn't the best. So we go out and check on them. He shows me where a weld had broke but nothing that couldn't be fixed easily. He said since it was like that he'd sell it to me for $40 We loaded those seats and gave him the $$$ before he changed his mind. So this week I'll get them cleaned up and frame rewelded. What a weekend

BTW: If anyone wants pics of the frame with the seats off I'll get some as well as measurements also.

I just put pics down below.

"Don't underestimate how sexy a fat man who drinks to excess can be." Homer Simpson

Last edited by 79BIG10; 03-31-2003 at 11:05 AM.
79BIG10 is offline   Reply With Quote