The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2003, 03:42 AM   #1
mrchev

New Blazer half top, and why the wait!

For all of you who have been waiting for a 69-72 Blazer half top, I'm about finished.

Guys, I posted a thread on here in February about a Blazer half top for someone I was trying to help. Here is where the project is going and why.

I've wanted a Blazer half top for years, but couldn't find one, and the ones I saw weren't even what I would call a reproduction. So, I've decided to build a top myself with all the details as a factory truck came with. This top is based off of a 67-72 big back window truck roof. The area around the windows and above the windshield is based off of the factory Blazer mold/pattern. So from the inside and outside it's correct in detail. Removal and installation is the same as a factory Blazer roof. There will be a divider panel behind the seat also. I'm going to make an additional divider panel that some of you may want that is deeper so there can be speakers or items placed behind the seat as well.

Presently, I'm in the final stages of prep work before I make the molds. My projection is about 30 to 45 days before they will be ready. I will assure that these tops will be nice with "no excuses" about the quality (inside and out).

When I get the first few tops out of the molds, I can give a better idea of the cost. I just don't know the exact figure at the moment. I will offer the tops in several ways. A complete kit with glass and all the rubber, divider panel, ready to install, or just the top and divider panel. Payment will be probably MC/Visa, etc.

Go look at my site: myrodshop.com

I have a few photo's of the top on my truck in the beginning stages. This will give you the first view of what it will look like. Give me a week or two, and I'll have the complete photo's of the inside and out. I will post more in the days to come.

Please feel free to ask questions. email me at: [email]bruce@myrodshop.com, or call me at: 817-335-7467

Thanks for checking out the post,

Sincerely, Bruce
Attached Images

mrchev is offline   Reply With Quote