The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2009, 12:06 AM   #1
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Stoopid deer...

About a month ago we had a wind storm blow through that knocked over our basketball hoop across the hood of my wifes Denali. I just got it fixed last week. The check hasn't even cleared the bank yet, and a deer was standing in the road tonight and damaged the same dam corner. It was just standing in the lane, head toward the shoulder. I hit the brakes and swerve to the oncoming lane and the stupid deer jumps up and turns directly in front of me.

If it had been crossing the road it would have not even been close. It would have been in the ditch before I got there. But the thing was just standing there. Instead of jumping forward to get out of the way, it does a 180 and jumps into the way.

No injuries (human), some damage to the grill, lights and bumper, small ding in the fender right near the edge of the light assembly. Scared the hell out of the family. I'm just glad it wasn't a lot worse. it easily could have been.

Stupid deer.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote