The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2009, 03:44 PM   #26
skyhack

Re: '72 pickup with a '69 VIN?

Back to my Chevy, filing under "Don't ask the question if you can't stand the answer!"

Well, my original Colorado title had a misprint on it, they put my make down as a CEH rather than a CHE. When I went back in to pick up my Collector tags (5 year tag for antique vehicle), they took my title and are sending me a replacement. The Clerk sent me a letter regarding the error, saying I needed to fix it (process already underway, and the left hand didn't know...), and asked me to check by the DMV office.

I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone and ask the VIN question there. I am sooooo stupid!

The DMV said I'd have to get a Trooper to investigate the frame and cab VINs, and submit a request for a state assigned VIN. The new VIN would probably be totally different from either of my existing ones, although I'd have a chance of getting the one I want. (frame 1972 VIN). I would get a state approved VIN tag, though.

If they assign a new VIN, there's also the possibility of having to register it as a 2009! That's unacceptable to me, I'd rather give it back to my brother in law and let him sell it!

I'm probably going to exercise a third option, just let it go, keep the '69 VIN and '72 title, drop a crate in it, and keep a low profile.

This is a road fraught with peril.

Last edited by skyhack; 07-16-2009 at 03:46 PM.
skyhack is offline   Reply With Quote