The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
sjarrett71

Engine Stands On New Frame (pics)

I finally got a great deal on a good frame (thanks Mudder and Calvin!). It is a 71-72 with 5 lug disk brakes.

It also has one 3/4 ton trailing arm as is apparent by the brace attached. The other side does not have the brace and is bad. I already have a set of good 1/2 ton trailing arms so these will be getting replaced.

I have a couple questions. Can anyone tell by looking what engine stands these are, I6? V8? Small or big block?

Also, is there any way to tell if the brakes were power or non just by looking at the calipers or brake lines? And will it matter if they WERE power and I don't put them back that way but still use the parts that already on the frame?

I plan on sanding it an painting it and replacing all the relaceable parts as time and money allow. It looks like just went from wanting to drive the truck next May to whenever in the heck I can!

Last edited by sjarrett71; 07-27-2009 at 08:30 PM.
sjarrett71 is offline   Reply With Quote