The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-29-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
bad68bowtie
On the college boy budget...

Spotted a gem today

Thought I'd share this- I was out cruising around today and passed by a random repair shop and noticed this '69 longbed (that is a '69 grille and not a '70, right?) sitting on a flatbed out front. The shop was closed for the day, but I went back and grabbed my camera to take a few pictures. This truck definitely looks like some kind of a barn find because it was absolutely immaculate, I only found one spot of serious rust on the whole thing and some surface rust on the tailgate. As you'll see in the pictures the tires were flat and it would seem that it has been sitting for a while as it was covered in cobwebs on the underside. I really can't emphasize enough how clean this thing was, from what I could tell it was completely original and unmolested, though I didn't get any look at the engine bay.

Anyway, enough babbling, here are the pictures-

Only serious rust that I saw-

And what seemed to just be surface rust on the tailgate-

It didn't have any plates on it, but the last inspection sticker on it was from '96 and it had a student parking sticker from Winthrop University that expired in 1986. Being that the shop was closed when I was up there I wasn't able to get any kind of story on the thing, I assume someone had it towed up there to be put back in running order.

I have a couple more pictures of it, if anyone has any interest I'd be willing to go back up there and see if I can get some info on it. If I had any money at all I'd be trying to make an offer to buy it, but I'd love to try and help someone else out.