The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2009, 02:27 AM   #1
setelec 73

Just got complete new exhaust......HELP

Well I picked up my 73 from the muffler shop today. I had stock manifolds put back on with 2 1/2" duels with Flowmaster 50s with pipes exiting after rear tire one on each side. Also an "H" pipe was added ?

I must say I really like the tone sound but it just dosent sound very loud. I am a little dissapointed It sounds decent watching it go down the road... I am debating whether to have flowmster 40 put on instead. Although someday I might put a camper and do some traveling with the wife and dont want to have an annoying exhaust. But honestly I think the whole camper thing is a ways out..

So what should I do ??? Do you think the 40s in my setup will be to loud?? I just really like the tone of my 50s just need some decibals..... I should state that I have a stock 454 with TH400...

Any advice would be great as I only have about a week or so to decide if I want to switch... The shop said they will remove the 50s and put 40s on for $80.00

Are 40s to loud on long road trips??
setelec 73 is offline   Reply With Quote