The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #19
mclairmo

Re: Got my plates

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
Your truck has white plates because at some point one of the owners registered it with newer plates. This is very common as the old plates get lost, mutilated, etc. If you want to switch to black/yellow, you need to find a pair that has been cleared (not used to register a vehicle in the last 7 years) on feebay or Pomona swap meet, or you can buy new plates with your existing number from the company that Kevin had make his (it is not considered legal here, which is why the company won't ship them to a Calif address, but I doubt you will have any trouble) I personally would not do it with a newer number, as the sequence used now is different from that used in 68. Do not paint your existing plates because that is asking for trouble. Hope this helps.
I only have one white plate and it's trashed. I need new plates for sure, whther white or black/yellow. I really like the period correct look of the black/yellow, does not need to be 6 digits, 7 is fine with me. What is the difference between buying new black/yellow plates with my existing number on it from Licence Plate TV and painting my original white ones? They would end up looking identical right? License plate tv makes them just like the new whites ones, except in black/yellow. I can paint new white ones from the DMV to look just like it for much cheaper. Or is it really hard to do and have it look nice? From a legal perspective, I don't see any difference between buying them in black/yellow and painiting, though. Just wondering if I am dense and missing something here. Also, if they won't ship to California, how do I get them? I assume I have them shipped to a buddy or family member out of Cali and then shipped to me.
mclairmo is offline   Reply With Quote