The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #1
deyomatic

Wheels on '05 Sierra

I recently inherited an '05 GMC Sierra, short bed, 4.3, 4x4. It has the stock 17" 6 lug wheels with the circle of 8 holes around the outside. I'm not crazy about the wheels and thought about just painting them black but they already have rust on them behind the surface. Long story short, I want different wheels. To top it off, two of the tires on the truck have slices in the sidewall. No idea what from, as I just got this truck, but It'll need new ones anyway since they have 40K on them...

It seems like now is the time to do it all, different wheels and new tires. This will be a daily driver, and I've got other projects going on now so I don't want to go crazy. I'm looking at getting the 16" steel wheel with the 5 spoke design that came stock on the 2000-2002 era trucks but I don't know if they will clear my front rotors and calipers? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Last edited by deyomatic; 08-04-2009 at 08:23 AM.
deyomatic is offline   Reply With Quote