The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #1
Dan in Pasadena

1946(!) Chevy Truck Need Purchase Advice

I know a '46 is not for this website, but I have been lurking here awhile and was searching for a '55-'57 or a '67-'68. I came across the truck in the pictures below.

First and amazingly, I can find virtually NO rust. I have gone over it with a fine tooth comb and it is solid. ONLY rust I can find is very mild surface rust on the inside cab roof.

Second, though entirely stock appearing it has a 350/350 and a (get this) Jag independent rear end. It appears to have been profesionally done along with the gas tank having been relocated behind it between the frame rails. (God forbit it was under the seat as they once were - EEK!)

The truck is ALMOST straight enough to go to the paint shop as is. Bed must be near new, straight, flat and not a mark on it. Needs bed chains, new electric harness (it does run but someone did a MickeyMouse wiring job. Dangerous). It needs an electric fan and the guage assembly is shot (those are pricey, I know)

Can someone tell me if their is a website for the pre-post war era trucks? This is obviously an unfinished "rodstoration" and i would keep it that way, but finish it. I found Chevs of the 40's for parts, but it doesn't appear to have a forum/web board. All advice appreciated. If I'm buying this, I've got to jump on it quickly. Thanks in advance, Dan
Attached Images

Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote