The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
boucher racing

Thumbs up NewB-GMC1000-SWB-FrontSpringReduction-RAKE

Hello All,

First, Thanks to all on the board. A cool community and very helpful. Well, I finally took the plunge and picked up a 1966 GMC 1000 SWB. All original, farm truck, really solid and straight, 250 stovebolt, oil bath filter, 8 leaf pack in rear, 1/2 rot bed, all interiors components work, missing radio (looking), all hubcaps present

I was tired of looking at the gasser front end so I decided to lower it. I did a coil reduction by 1.5 coil. With help from archive board pages, I accomplished it with a spring compressor and unbolting the two u-bolts on the LCA. It was very simple and took me about two hours. I measured the coil with a cloth tape measure and put tick marks at every inch past one full coil and one at 25.5" (which is exactly 1 1/2 coil) from the bottom. After the drop the centerline of the front fenders is 28 3/4" off the ground. I am very pleased with the outcome. I will need to trim the bump-stops, but it does ride good. Thanks again and enjoy the pics.

Just arrived:
http://picasaweb.google.com/shadmeier/GMC10TRUCK#
Attached Images

boucher racing is offline   Reply With Quote