The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2003, 07:03 PM   #1
Dropt72Shortbed

need more help on neutral safety switch/wiring. truck still wont start

ok you guys pointed out that i didnt have my neutral safety switch hooked up in the pictures i posted. i looked at my column, there is no where for those wires to plug into the column, in fact other than the round semi circle connector coming off the steering column, there is NO where to plug anything into the column (see picture below)

also you guys said the neutral safety switch had two heavy guage purple wires on it. in the picture i posted of the clip you guys said was in fact the neutral safety switch, the wires are both green, not purple. the only thick heavy guage purple wire i have is going to the ignition key.

despite the colors being wrong i tried to jump the wires together on then neutral safety switch like you guys told me to do. still wont start. i dont think its getting any power. nothing was changed on the front end of the truck since it last started a month ago, only the cab wiring was removed for a cab swap.

any other ideas?

as you can tell i know jack about wiring. i took pictures of all the wiring before i removed it and saved it on my computer, now of course i cant find the pictures!!!

i might just have to have it towed over to a local shop and have them install a new harness or something.

heres the pics of the column, where is the neutral safety switch supposed to plug in? i threw on a ruler so you can let me know about where?
Attached Images

Last edited by Dropt72Shortbed; 04-03-2003 at 07:06 PM.
Dropt72Shortbed is offline   Reply With Quote