The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2009, 04:22 PM   #1
powell72

Road trip, summer '09

Okay, so this trip and it's pics isn't near as cool as our trip to Bonneville last year, but at least we got out in an old truck somewhere this year.

Brett (dirtball) and I have been talking for a while about making a trip to Julesburg Colorado to take in a drag race. Julesburg raceway is supposedly the oldest operating strip in the country, so we wanted to check it out before it ended up closing like all the old timers do. Julesburg is in the very northeastern part of the state, a little over 300 miles round trip. We left Saturday afternoon, spent the night in Holyoke, and headed to Julesburg in the morning, and back home late afternoon Sunday.

Northeastern Colorado is very wide open, towns are very small and far apart. See, nothing around-

Brett taking a turn at the wheel-

The town of Holyoke, small but very clean. I hadn't been this far into the corner of the state, and I was pleasantly surprised how clean the towns were this far out compared to the towns west of Sterling-

The old girl in the parking lot of the Golden Stains, I mean Golden Plains Motel, Holyoke, Colorado.

Next morning, coming into Julesburg-

http://www.classictrucks.com/feature...short_bed.html
powell72 is offline   Reply With Quote