The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
DonsCST

I aquired my dads 1970 Chevy CST 4x4, Hugger/white, about a year ago and have searched this site for awhile now. It doesn't look as good as Canadian69's YET. But it will and I'll post pictures as soon as I get that part figured out.
Dad bought the truck in Denver back in 70 for $3450.00 and picked me up at the local ice skating pond in Gunnison Colo. He made me take off my skates before I climbed in the back so I wouldn't scratch the wood bed. I'll always remember that. About a week later, he installed a camper, minus the tailgate, and constructed his own bed/couch and carpet kit inside. With a boot installed between the windows, I remember riding in the back, looking out the winshield ,cruis'en all over.
At the age of 12, Myself, my brothers and sisters all picthed in for a set of 5 slot crome wheels for Fathers Day, he loved them. He also had a set of Headman headers and Cherry Bomb's installed. It looked and sounded good.
2 years ago he bought another truck and asked me if I wanted the 70.
It didn't take me long to come up with the $3500 he was asking and drove it home. Lucky Me.
I ordered a new set of headers, the old ones leak a little.
Found some 6 lug rallies for $100.00 with rings and caps.
Pulled the camper off, along with the carpet kit and bed/couch.( The bed still looks new except for a liitle rust on the strips in the back)
I'm searching for new leaf springs, front/ back, possible 2" lift to fit 31's.
The back cab window w/original rubber went back in with no problem.
The tailgate, which was wrapped in cardboard and a blanket, looks new.
It is a daily driver with 153,000 miles on it and I am the second owner.
I'm not to good with computers, but will post pictures and keep ya'll updated on the progress when I can. I'd rather be tinkering on the truck than a computer.
Wish me Luck, DonsCST
DonsCST is offline   Reply With Quote