The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #25
anson0487
One of these days.......

Re: One weekend paint job

Thanks, It does look a lot better than it did. The paint is a single-stage enamal, I over reduced it on the last two coats to make it dry kinda dull. I bought the paint around 10 years ago for a 65 impala I was working on, For whatever reason the car got sold unfinshed. As for the body on the truck it is still to rough to paint it shinney, just kinda preserved it and got it all one color. I have another 68 short wide Iv been building on for many years, and its still in a million pecies. This one I can actually drive and enjoy.
I dont think this is a real 50th ann. truck, It had a straight 6, 3 on the tree and step side bed from factory. It didnt have the gold int. if I ever tear it down to restore it I will make it look like a 50th. they are pretty cool.
tires are 275/60/15 on 8 inch ralleys it has the wrong rear end under it. It is an inch and a half to narrow, I was told it is out of a blazer. Would like to keep the rear end and widen a pair of rally wheels to make up the diffrance.
The coupe in the back ground is a 40 F**d, Im doing it for a customer. Ill post a couple pics of it.
Started today on a customers 71 Chevy short wide, frame off, Ill post some pics of it if youd like to seeum....
anson0487 is offline   Reply With Quote